Hypnobirthing Antenatal Courses
Chiswick, West London
We are very proud to have teamed up with Sophia from ZenBirth, who will be providing comprehensive Hypnobirthing Antenatal Education Programmes for expectant parents, run in-house at The Children’s Wellness Centre.
Sophia is an experienced Hypnobirth teacher and has been teaching since 2008, after the birth of her first child using Hypnobirthing techniques. She is passionate about helping mums as well as their partners to feel empowered in the birth room and work towards the best possible birth for them and their individual circumstances.
What is Hypnobirthing and how can it help me?
ZenBirth Hypnobirthing is a complete antenatal education programme, providing everything you should expect from a professional antenatal course. You will gain knowledge about how your birthing body works, anatomy and physiology of your birthing body, what to expect from your maternity care, your birthing options and various tools and techniques so that you can have the best possible birth on the day. We also cover writing your birth preferences, packing your hospital back, tips for starting breastfeeding, and more.
The Hypnobirthing tools and breathing techniques, together with effective birth positions and a calm, supportive birth environment, help you achieve a calmer, gentler birth experience. The course is designed to help you and your birth partner become more knowledgeable, informed, confident and prepared, even for the unknown. It doesn’t matter if you are having a home water birth, a managed hospital delivery or a planned or unplanned c-section; Hypnobirthing teaches you how to feel calm and relaxed about your baby’s birth, whatever your circumstances.
What does the programme include?
- Physiology of pregnancy, labour and birth, and how the birthing body works
- How the mind effects the body and what this means for labour and birth
- How a birthing mother can use her natural abilities to birth comfortably
- Understanding and using self-hypnosis to improve labour and birth
- Preparing both mind and body for an easy, positive birth
- Specific and highly-effective breathing and relaxation techniques
- Opportunities to experience and practice deep relaxation and self-hypnosis
- Fear release and building confidence about labour, birth and becoming a new parent
- Effective positions for labour and birthing
- Massage techniques to help deepen relaxation
- Creating your birth preferences and the ideal birthing environment for you and your baby
- What happens if things don’t always go to plan
- Breastfeeding information and tips for new parents
When you book your antenatal Hypnobirthing course, you get:
- The full Hypnobirthing programme for both you and your birth companion
- Approximately 10-12 hours of teaching time with your fully qualified instructor, run over a full weekend (Saturday and Sunday)
- The Hypnobirthing book by Katharine Graves
- Hypnobirthing audio recordings
- Course manual packed with information, self-hypnosis scripts and more
- Assistance with any questions or concerns about pregnancy, labour, birth and breastfeeding
- Caring support from your Hypnobirthing teacher from the time of your booking until your baby arrives, and after
Expectant parents are encouraged to enrol on their Hypnobirthing course anytime from the 20-week scan. Most couples tend to start between 26-33 weeks. The earlier you learn the range of tools and techniques, the more time you have to practice. However, it is never too late in pregnancy to learn and effectively use Hypnobirthing techniques for a better birth experience.
Dates and Prices
The course cost is £295 per couple (It is ideal to attend the course with your partner/birth companion, however expectant mothers who attend all or part of the course on their own can equally benefit from Hypnobirthing).
November 24th and 25th
January 12th and 13th
March 9th and 10th
April 27th and 28th
June 8th and 9th
For more information about our lovely teacher, Sophia, customer testimonials and to book, please click here:
‘Sophia was excellent. Answered all of our questions, delivered at just the right pace and completely changed the outlook we both had on the birth..’
‘I’m so glad I did this course-I will remember this labour and birth as one of the most empowering and happy experiences of my life’